How to Install Linux mint 19.3 – Easy method
Linux mint is one of the most installed Linux distribution and got first rank since last 2 years. So in this post we discussed about where to download Linux distributions, minimum system requirements to install Linux mint and how to install Linux mint 19.3 in your PC(personal computer) or laptop step by step. This is the best operative System can replace Windows and Mac OS.
Just like windows and Mac OS, Linux OS is an open source license free operating system with graphical interface. Due to its open source the codes had been used to create a Linux OS are freely available for public view. So, thousands of programmers from the worldwide can view, edit and give their contributions. Finally redistribute for public in different name so currently lots of Linux distributions are available from beginner to expert level. In which Linux mint is the one of the best operating system come with stability and more customisable based on Ubuntu.
Minimum System Requirements: How to Install Linux mint 19.3
- X86 processor or X64 bit processor.
(Note – Linux mint 32 bit works on both 32 bit and 64 bit processor)
- 5 GB of disk space enough(If you used as secondary OS on your PC or laptop).
- 512 MB RAM for normal usage (For compatible usage 1 GB is Recommended).
If your PC or laptop not have a required RAM space then create a swap area for additional RAM.
Swap area – will allocate some disk space for additional RAM through partitioning a hard drive.
How to Download Linux Mint:
According to your system architecture whether 32 bit or 64 bit you can download it through below links.
To know your systems architecture,
Go to control panel > system properties > system type (see whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit)
Generally Linux Mint comes with 3 Variations namely Cinnamon,MATE,Xfce. In this Linux mint Cinnamon was most popular so if you are a new one try this.
Unlike windows and Mac OS, Linux 32 bit OS is works on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.
|Cinnamon – Featuring Cinnamon Desktop Environment||MATE – Featuring MATE Desktop Environment||Xfce – Featuring Xfce Desktop Environment|
|32 bit (1.9 GB) – Download||32 bit (1.9 GB) – Download||32 bit (1.8 GB) – Download|
|64 bit (1.9 GB) – Download||64 bit (2 GB) – Download||64 bit (1.9 GB) – Download|
Download any one of the Linux Mint in Torrents without losing Data.
While downloading larger files use Torrent and magnet files to avoid data wastage(file interrupt). To know how to download files through Utorrent and Magnet files Click Here.
How to Create Bootable Linux Mint on Pendrive:
If you are running on windows operating systems,
Method 1: Through Command Prompt
- Insert a USB Pendrive in your computer.
- Open a Command Prompt by clicking “Win+R” keys together and type cmd then hit enter.
- Now Type diskpart
Now your system shows available disks on your computer.
- At the command prompt, type select disk <X>, where X is the USB drive Name, and then click ENTER.
- Now type clean, and press ENTER. This command deletes all data from the USB drive.
- Then type create partition primary, and then click ENTER.
- To select the partition that you just created, type select partition 1, and then click ENTER.
- To format the partition, type format fs=ntfs quick, and then click ENTER.
- Type active, and then click ENTER.
- Type exit, and then click ENTER.
- When you finish preparing your custom image, save it to the root of the USB flash drive.
Method 2: Make a Bootable Pendrive through Rufus app
Just download and install on your computer by Clicking Here.
Then open a app and choose pendrive and ISO file finally click Start. It will automatically create a bootable pendrive for Linux mint. After successfully created close the app and remove a pendrive from your laptop or PC.
Method 3: Use Universal USB Installer for Creating Bootable Pendrive.
How to Create Bootable Linux Mint on Mac OS:
- Insert your USB stick on your Mac.
- Select the USB stick device and select Erase (By right click).
- Set the format to MS-DOS (FAT) and the scheme to GUID Partition Map
- Check you’ve chosen the correct device and click Erase.
- To write the ISO file to the USB stick, use a free application called Etcher. After installation completes open and clicking to mount the package from download folder, Etcher can create bootable drive after entering your password.When the process completes your Mac PC may notify.
(do not Install just Remove from Mac PC or Laptop)
How to make Bootable Linux Mint on Other Linux Distributions:
Use Rufus or Etcher to create bootable usb flash drive.
(Note – the steps are similar and mentioned above)
or use Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator.
Click Here for downloading paid books freely(Premium books legally download as free)
How to Install Linux Mint from USB Drive:
Always prefer UEFI Installation Which is Better than Normal and OEM Installations.
For a Computer or Laptop Running On Windows OS and Other Linux Distributions,
Insert the Bootable USB Pendrive into the computer and restart the computer. While booting the computer press F10 or F12 function key to enter to the boot menu and choose the option to boot from USB Drive.
For a Computer or Laptop Running On Mac OS,
Insert the USB Pendrive and restart the computer. While turn it back on holding down the Command + Option + P + R keys. While startup will show you a boot screen with all bootable devices listed. Now, You can select a device want to boot.
Linux Mint Live Desktop
Step 1: By Clicking Install Linux Mint you are able to install it otherwise you can use it as live mode without Installing.
Step 2: Select Language
Step 3: Choose whether you want to connect or not for updates as your wish.
Step 4: You may agree to allow third party applications as your wish.
Step 5: Choose a Installation Type
I.Install Linux Mint alongside them Offers you can install it as Secondary Operating System with Mac OS or Windows.
II.Erase and Install Linux Mint Offers Formatting your Hard Disk and Install Linux Mint as Primary OS without any Partition. i.e., Only one Partition.
III.Something else offers allow you to install Linux Mint with Proper System Partitions. In this you can Install Linux Mint as Primary or Secondary Operating System on particular Partitions.
For Best partitioning your Hard Disk to Install Linux Mint Click Here.
Step 6: Choose your Country
Step 7: Give Name and Password to your computer or laptop.
Step 8: Click Install Now! and Restart your System That’s it you successfully installed Linux Mint.
After Successfully Restarts Read and follow Startup Screen completely.
That’s it you successfully How to Install Linux mint 19.3 on your PC/ Laptop.